Monday, July 14, 2008

A card I didn't enjoy making

Normally, if I'm creating, I'm happy. I enjoy making my cards, playing with my "stuff" and all that goes with it. The card I'm sharing tonight I did not like to make at all. I'd almost go so far as to say I hate the card. I made this sympathy card for my friends who lost their only two children (ages 3 and 18 months) in a horrific drowning accident in their backyard pool. My husband and I spent Saturday at the funeral, burial, and finally at their home. I guess I'm still upset by it all and am going to use this as my sounding board. There are just a few things that keep coming to my mind - first off, how do you survive after losing your children? I don't want to even imagine my life without my kids. And there has to be constant reminders for them. We were just on the edge of this pain, and let me tell you - it is a horrible pain. To experience even this small part of it, is unbelievable. I won't start the whole blaming God side of it - but I've got to think that if God is going to give you a grief like this, He sure in heck is going to give you an unbelievable amount of strength and grace to make it through this. I guess all I can say is please keep this family in your prayers. Now that the funeral has passed, they will be left alone with this grief. Let us not forget them - and try to keep the prayers going for them to make it through this.
Anyways - I embossed the cross with irridescent ice (I thought that embossing would give it a more sparkly, glittery look, but I still liked it). I kept it simple and used colors from a color challenge on splitcoast (CC172 using taken with teal, wild wasabi, and white). Inside I put the poem "Lent Child" - it really is one of my favorite poems.
I played with some new kits I got from The Angel Company so I'll have more to share soon. I've been bad this past week just with everything else going on. Thanks for looking!

No comments: