Monday, June 23, 2008

A Customer at last!

I received an email last week, wanting to know if I could make a Dr. Suess themed birthday invite. I was a little worried about what I'd do, but I started playing, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the results. I used the nestabilities and it really brought the whole thing together. When I first read the email, I immediately thought of a book. So I wanted to make an invite resembling a book. I went looking for a Dr. Suess image - and although copying off of the internet gives poor quality, my handy dandy copics made it all ok. Have I said that I LOVE those copics?! I am proud of the end of result! I hope my "customer" likes them!
My oldest two started a summer camp today. It was the first time my 3 year old has been left like that. Last night we talked about making sure to listen to the teacher, if he has to potty to ask and not go in his pants, etc. etc. I figured it would be good since he'd be there with his older sister who sort of knows the ropes. We got to the school, and Joseph walks in and says "hi teacher, my name is Joe and I'm three." He then put his lunch in a cubby, and said "bye mommy, I love you!" with a big smile on his face as he walked with the teacher inside the room. As I was walking back to the car, I started to cry. I was totally not expecting that, but I guess it shows how much those little people are tied to our hearts. Of course, they both had a fun day!
Thanks for looking!

No comments: