Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Sunday

I wasn't going to post but I was getting pictures off of my camera and realized how many things I have to show - and why not start now? The season finale of Desperate Housewives is in a little bit, and I'm sure to watch that and get to bed early for boot camp in the am. It's been a busy weekend. I made a ton of cards Friday night - with lots of ideas coming from Paper Crafts magazine. I've spent a lot of time playing with my copics as well - once I get the full hang of them, I think I am going to love them. I'm also the type that "needs" all the colors - since you never have it perfect. HA! Luckily Hobby Lobby doesn't have all of them - so I'll just pick up a few now and then. I am liking the sketch better than the ciao markers (both copics, different "style"). If anyone out there uses them, leave me a comment on any pointers you may have. I'm currently trying to figure out the best paper and ink pads to get for them (for no smearing, blurring, bleading and best blending). And also if you have any "must have" colors, let me know that too so i can add to my wish list.

Anyways - my first show and tell is just a simple card I made to show off some of that awesome paper we all have laying around not wanting to cut into. I vowed to myself that I was just going to dig into it, with no reservations (easier said than done!). I also used my Martha Stewart butterfly punch - it's very pretty!

Secondly, here is the baby blanket I made my friend. She was over yesterday (a beautiful baby girl!). It was a kit from Joanne's but the flannel makes it so soft!

And finally, here is a picture of my best first birthday party yet - Isaac dug into that cake as if it was a pot of gold. He was a mess, but he LOVED it - it made everyone laugh! His party was fun - we just had a bbq with close family and friends...so low key but a great afternoon.


Stay tuned - I made an awesome card with my hammock Riley, and my friend dropped off my My Favorite Things stamps and Bellas - can't wait to play!!!




1 comment:

Kristi said...

ohh look at him...Bwaaahaaaa I love it!!!!
You are so talented!!