Friday, April 11, 2008

In Memory of my grandmother...

Today is a sad day - my grandmother passed away earlier this evening. She is the one who taught me to sew, and when I went home to Minnesota (twice a year), we'd always hang out and sew together. Most recently we started surprising each other with "kits" sent in the mail. In fact, I had sent her a kit for some quilted gift bags that we were going to make together this summer. Anyways, in memory of her, I'll post a couple of bags that I made.

The batik bag I made with my mom, and the handbag is a fun little tote that you can do anything with - kids, adults, anyone and anything. I've posted the table runner below before, but I figured I'd post it again - this was a "surprise" that ended in my bag the last time my grandma and I went to the quilt store. I will always think of her when I sew.

We're heading to Minnesota on Sunday so I'll be out of the loop for a week. Thanks for looking and check back soon!



No comments: