Friday, March 28, 2008

My baby girl is 5, American Girl, and more!

I can't believe how fast the week flew by - I got a new camera so I'm just now getting to know how to unload the pictures on my computer. I also got some quilting projects done this week, but have yet to take pictures of them. For now, I'll share a couple cards I made with my new TAC - and a birthday layout that I love (thanks, Gretchen http://www.in2stamping.blogspot.com/) This layout uses the cuttlebug happy birthday folder, and just a simple image makes this card a fast and cute card! I added glitter to give the girls some extra bling!

My oldest child, an only girl, turned 5 years old today. Last night she asked me if she was still my baby - brought tears to my eyes. We surprised her with a trip to American Girl in Dallas. I don't know that I agree with spending 100$ on a doll, but the look on her face when we walked in that store was worth much more than that. We didn't tell her where we were going - when we walked through the doors, her face turned a little red, her eyes teared up and she said "mommy, do I get to get an American Girl?" Mommy, daddy, and her ate at the bistro and even had her own cake! She loved it - that's what made it fun. I know that the extravagence of the whole store is a little over the top - but it made for a fun and memorable moment. Besides - I have one girl and three boys - it was a girl's paradise! Here are a few pictures of us from our night. Tomorrow has soccer games and Hannah's birthday party at Young Chef's Academy! Happy birthday, Hannah - you'll always be my baby!!!


No comments: