Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm so excited...

Happy Friday to everyone - it's another busy weekend here! Hannah has her dance recital tomorrow, with the dress rehearsal tonight. Joseph also has his gallery night tonight...and of course, there are plenty of things I'd like to get done with the husband home...never enough time!


My friend Gretchen and I ordered a bunch of Sugar Nellie stamps a couple weeks ago from http://www.funkykits.co.uk/. I was loving their sweet sweet images, and of course "had to have some." Mine arrived yesterday in the mail and I am hoping to play with them tonight!!!! In the meantime, I had stamped out and played with some from Gretchen...
I saw this week's MOJO Monday sketch (by the way, fabulous sketches every week!), and thought I could use my Sugar Nellie. As you can see, I rotated the sketch, but it's a wonderful layout that helps you focus your attention on the stamp, not all the embellies! The paper is from a pad I bought from HL which has just nice, rich papers in it. Oh - and I will show you a close up of my coloring - I'm in LOVE with my copics and I think I'm getting better with them : )
Here's the sketch....

And my take on it (card is 5x5)... Close-up of the coloring...
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great card! I like your choice of colors.

Anonymous said...

Fab card using willow with hot chocolate by whiff of joy this is on my wishlist. Super colouring!