Monday, May 11, 2009

Just another manic Monday

Anyone my age or older would remember that song...now it's in my head so thanks! I hope everyone had a great weekend...we spent lots of family time at the park which is nice for wearing the kiddos out before bed. And I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day - grandmas, moms, moms-to-be, and those women who are just as gold as moms!
I figured I better share the other Mother's Day card I made for the Verve challenges last month - this is VLVApr04. The twist was to make your own designer paper. I used white craft ink to ink up some white on black, and white on red. I love the look - my biggest complaint is getting that craft ink to dry. Do anyone of you have any tips? I try to heat set it and then give it time, but it still doesn't ever dry completely...and this is enough to make me not do this look very often. Here's the card - I love the look of it - and of course the colors are just classic!
Details
Stamp: Because of You (Verve)
Ink: White Craft Ink (SU)
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black (SU)
Accessories: Fabric Fancies Flowers, brads, Ribbon (SU)

No comments: