Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm Done!

So it isn't that I haven't been getting anything done lately, I promise! I've been busy finishing some projects and getting things in line. I want to get a few things done on the sewing side of things so that I can start something new.

I made about 20 chenille potholders - these are awesome! I have given them to friends and they love them! If you'd like to purchase any, please let me know. They make great gifts! I have "greenish" potholders, and deep red - both pictured below.

I also want to share a card that my friend Gretchen and I cased from our dear friend Paula Bloom. Thanks Paula for sharing - and yes, we totally cased your work but you're awesome! I normally wouldn't post a card that is cased this much, but I wanted to show off this set since I just ordered it - and I love the paper pack! The stamp set is Green Thumb from Papertrey Ink.
Check out Paula's card at http://www.prbloom.typepad.com/ -
I just wanted to point out some things I love about this card! First off, is the use of the "pinkish" paper in the background. Paula used a strawberry paper from the same pack of paper (Nana's Nursery Baby Girl) - but we switched it up a little. Gretchen was worried about the pink and red combo but I told her to be patient - sure enough, with the card done, the colors looked great together. hard to explain but I guess I'll say that it adds depth to the card. Also, love the ribbon slit punch and addition of ribbon on each layer...

I'm going to create all weekend (in the evenings at least) so check back soon!

No comments: