Saturday, June 7, 2008

10 in 5

It's the beginning of day 5 of my detox and I've lost 10 pounds. I'm going to meet up with the hubby and go to his high school reunion family picnic and guess what?!!!? I'm wearing shorts - and I actually feel good in them. Anyone who knows me knows this is a big step! I looked in the mirror and just felt like I looked "better" - not necessarily thinner, but better. And I'm feeling better too! I havven't strayed at all - which is a huge accomplishment, and I AM feeling better - no caffeine, no medications, nothing! WOW! I hope this keeps going!

Anyways, I was so happy that I got to play some last night and I have lots to share over the next week. I surfed the blogs and found some sketches. This first one is from Jen Del Muro http://iheart2stamp.com/ (it's the sketch on May 17th post). Anyways, I ordered this set after having to have the MFT headless wonders grow on me a bit and I LOVE IT! I used the liquid pearls in the coffee to give it that latte feel. The colors are wild wasabi, tempting turquoise, and some dp that I pulled out of my scraps. (Also a thank you to Jen - I picked up the Brilliance graphite black ink pad and LOVE it - the images are wonderful, and the copics don't bleed into it).


This second card is using the Splitcoast Sketch SC176. Simple, yet perfect. I used the liquid applique on this latte - so much fun. I added the SU jeweled brads on one, just to give it some bling.


I'm excited for a friend - she's at a quilt show now, and I'm oh so envious! I wish I could be there but I'm going to try and work out going to the big one in Houston. Anyways, she picked me up the nestabilities at the big scrapbook convention - just the rectangles and ovals, but I can't wait to play!!!!

No comments: