Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Go Irish!

My husband asked if I could make a Notre Dame themed scrapbook and baby quilt for their upcoming Kick-off party. I finished the quilt and I really like the way it turned out. It's hard to come up with retail prices on these things...there's a lot of different materials used, and I used the more expensive stuff. Then there's the thread, batting, and quilting. In the end, a quilt like this is up near 200$ when all is said and done. But I think it's definitely worth it and I hope it makes a lot of money for their scholarship drive. The scrapbook is still a work in progress but will get done in the coming week.

That gets me to thinking - how can you make some extra money doing all these hobbies? I've tried etsy for a few of my items and am debating about doing some cards over there. I wonder if people just don't realize the cost it takes to make things (yes, you can get a quilt in the store for cheaper but the quality isn't near what this is). So, does ebay work, or are people, especially in this day and age, just trying to find a deal? If that's the case, my hobbies are definately not a good idea for making any money!

No comments: